Can you believe it, ENC is hiring, details below the fold..
I guess they had some money left over via one of their many fund raiser..
they left out one major Qualifications you must be able to stab your fellow community members in the back to get ahead..
Equality North Carolina (ENC) seeks experienced and dedicated applicants for the position of Office Manager to work full-time in our Raleigh office. Equality NC is a 501(c)(4) advocacy organization working to secure equal rights and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender North Carolinians, and provides staff support to Equality NC Foundation, a 501(c)(3) educational organization, and Equality NC Action Fund PAC, a state political committee.
The Office Manager is a key administrative position that ensures the smooth operation of the organization in a fast-paced environment. Successful applicants will demonstrate strong organizational, financial and administrative experience and are committed to furthering the mission of the organization.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Office Manager will provide a variety of administrative support, including:
- Manage Equality North Carolina’s financial record-keeping systems and activities, including processing accounts payable and receivable, vendor/invoice research, posting of monthly financial reports, grant financial reports, weekly bank deposits, and coordination of legal compliance reports;
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone system, respond to direct requests for information and/or forward messages to appropriate ENC staff;
- Develop and maintain an inventory and record-keeping system for office supplies and equipment, handle maintenance/easing contracts and purchase supplies and equipment;
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing materials for the Board of Directors, schedule and coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings, and take and draft meeting minutes;
- Support the Executive Director with scheduling, correspondence and related tasks;
- Prepare bi-monthly employee time and attendance summary reports and coordinate logistics of ENC staff meetings;
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail and coordinate outgoing mail, including courier services and postage meter account;
- Maintain and update ENC membership and other general mailing databases;
- Assist in the update of the ENC website;
- Provide administrative support to ENC staff for copying, faxing and large scale mailings;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with a sense of humor and team spirit.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
- Minimum three years of office administrative support, preferably with a nonprofit organization.
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details.
- Experienced and skilled in the use of software programs such as MS Word, Quickbooks, Excel, and Access.
- Experience in financial systems, preferably with nonprofits.
- Competitive based on experience and qualifications
- Excellent benefits including: paid time off, health and dental insurance, life insurance, retirement.
How to apply
Applications should include a cover letter and resume, and list of at least three professional references, including contact information for each. Submit applications to Stuart Campbell, Executive Director by email toxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Equality NC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).