Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pitt County Board of Commissioners Protest for Gay Rights

Pitt County Board of Commissioners Protest for Gay Rights

"We believe in separation of Church and State"
Host:
Randy Allen Toler
Type:
Network:
Global
Date:
Monday, July 13, 2009
Time:
9:00am - 11:00am
Location:
City Hall
City/Town:
Greenville, NC
Phone:
2523677125
Email:

Description

On Monday, June 29th 2009 at a meeting of the Pitt County Board of Commissioners, the Rev. David Hammond (District 1 - Greenville) urged fellow Board members to adopt a resolution opposing same-sex marriage. If passed, the issue could go to voters in November. Rev. Hammond has begun vigorously drumming up anti-LGBT support and it is our duty to show the other side of the "spectrum". I will be standing outside the next Commissioners Meeting with signs (silent protest) and I need some people to be there with me. It is at 9am on Monday, July 13th. Anyone who is free for the hour that morning is welcome to come take a stand with me...my last visibility protest (Prop. 8 protest on Greenville Blvd.) was very successful a few months ago and I think this is the best time to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...