Coalition to Protect NC Families
JOB TITLE: Field Director
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Manage all aspects of statewide Field programs to defeat a Constitutional Amendment seeking to define marriage between a man and a woman as the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in North Carolina. The amendment is scheduled to be on the ballot on May 8, 2012
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL:
- Have at least 3 years of political campaign/organizing experience, including statewide field operations in a campaign where staff and volunteer-executed voter identification played a central role.
- Have a proven track record in grassroots organizing, managing staff, and planning.
- Have demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities, and in building a field effort across multiple constituencies.
- Have demonstrated abilities as a problem solver and be a proactive, innovative organizer and team leader.
- Work well in a fast-paced, team-focused organization; with ability to maintain a sense of humor.
- Oversee all aspects of developing and carrying out a statewide Field Plan, including analysis of historical election data, modeling, and targeting.
- Work with Campaign Manager to define roles and negotiate contracts with field staff.
- Build broad, effective grassroots organization including, but not limited to, coalition building, voter contact and get-out-the-vote activities.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- To apply, send resume with cover letter and reference to: Jeremy@protectncfamilies.org
- LGBT people, women, people of color, and allies are encouraged to apply.
So I guess just a reg joe male need not to apply…