Tuesday, January 24, 2012

the Rules one must play by in the LGBT Community..

Rules, rules, rules.

So many things you must do or mustn’t do. All the hidden rules of being marginalized, the hoops you have to jump through, the constant checking and second-guessing.

gay incThis is Gay Inc. at work, they have rules book, and if you don’t play by their rules you are black balled..

Gay Inc is now going after

Cynthia Nixon:

because she stated that for her being a Lesbian is a choice.. Gay Inc lost their  hard on after hearing and reading it..

here is a piece of a recently interview,

Sessums asks about Nixon's previous relationship with a man, and her current relationship with Christine Marinoni:

 I’m a bit confused. Were you a lesbian in a heterosexual relationship? Or are you now a heterosexual in a lesbian relationship? That quote seemed like you were fudging a bit.

It’s so not fudging. It’s so not. I think for gay people who feel 100 percent gay, it doesn’t make any sense. And for straight people who feel 100 percent straight, it doesn’t make any sense. I don’t pull out the “bisexual” word because nobody likes the bisexuals. Everybody likes to dump on the bisexuals.

But it is the “B” in LGBT.

I know. But we get no respect.

You just said “we,” so you must self-identify as one.

I just don’t like to pull out that word. But I do completely feel that when I was in relationships with men, I was in love and in lust with those men. And then I met Christine and I fell in love and lust with her. I am completely the same person and I was not walking around in some kind of fog. I just responded to the people in front of me the way I truly felt.

Nixon then repeats the assertion that it's fine to say homosexuality is her choice, because to say it's not a choice would be "caving to the bigots":

I understand for political reasons why some people want to kind of squelch this idea that being gay might be a choice, because a lot of the rights we want are posited on the supposition that why are you denying me my rights any more than if I were created a different color? But I don’t feel the need to cede the definition of what a gay person is to the bigots. They don’t get to define who I am.

Check out more of Sessums' interview over at The Daily Beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...