Thursday, April 9, 2009

Something to think about

I did a twitter post where I said that a few members of the First Baptist Church of Rocky Mount, NC were on the dl(down low or in the closet). A friend on twitter sent me the following to me,

if they are on the DL and are openly for NC4Marriage should they be outed? ethics and other considerations to think about..

I agree that they should be outed if they do fully support NC4Marriage group, however if they are just basic members of the church then its not my job. These men have wives and kids which I will not tear about.

One might ask how I know this about them, well in my early days (18-21 years of age)i was really a go getter in the bar and fun scene, (battle park), this park was raid several times in the early 90's which you can find in the achieves of the News and Observer newspapers.

Now like many of the older lgbt community who was once marry to the opposite sex, they grow in a different time, where they had to hide who they truly were. I will not be apart that will destroy a family. Soley because I know once they are outed or if they come out that there is a good chance will be lost the right to a parent to their child. This I know for a fact, my ex-wife knew before we got married, we had one child, when we left each other the local judge in the county that we were living at the time, simply ask her how long she knew, once she told the judge form day 1 the judge told her that she will not consider or listen to any part of my sexuality. that is why she ran tot a state where she could used it against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...