Friday, January 1, 2010

A look back, will this happen in 2010?

March the 3rd of 2009, the local anti-gay marriage group NC4Marriage held a rally in Raleigh, NC My partner and I attend this event. I search the web, local lgbt blogs and local lgbt org's site to see if a counter protest was going to be held. I found nothing, I sent emails, those whom reply simply said that a counter protest would do nothing for our cause. Yet we held supportive protest for those events in CA and other Major cities, Yet they didn't one a protest for anti-gay actions being held in our own State. Why is that? It was suggest just to attend the NC Equality Day of Action at the Capital instead. Which many of these same bigots also attended.

Once we arrive there was a small group holding a protest. Why my partner stay with them I walk among those who would deny us many rights that we should have. I took over 500 pictures of the group. I was only ask to leave after photographing a group of young ladies who was display some very questionable actions.

I when back to the small counter protest, just to find out I miss the local news reported whom was covering the event. i stay for a while but before leave I decide to return once more to the rally, that is when I notice Ian P. from NC Equality having a chat with these bigots.

I wonder if NC4Marriage will hold this rally again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...