Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Day the Bilerico Project went off line.

That night I wonder why I couldn’t connect to the Bilerico Project, I didn’t know then what I know now about this problem. I only thought that my ISP (embarq) was having problems again, since I lose my so-called always on connection at least 20 times a week. I simply put the blame on them since two other websites and blog I like to visit always wasn’t loading.

I got the same Facebook message about the Bilerico Project status as well. I’m glad they are back up and running. Also, glad that so many offer to help them out, way to go…

Now I don’t understand why the Advocate is calling this a “internet hate crime”, Most hackers hacker to prove that they have the computer skills to outwit those who built and write security software programs. Some Hackers hack simply because they can. No were in the article did they so proof that this was crime base on hate.

Bilerico.com, the site that hosts the popular LGBTQ political blog “The Bilerico Project,” was attacked this week by a group of Eastern European hackers who have been attempting to shut down the site for the past year and a half.

Ok, do we really know why they attack Bilerico? Even those at Bilerico claim these hackers didn’t leave a message anything to explain why they did it.

I believe the advocate called it a Internet hate crime to get people to read their article and to boost their sales. It seems that every action against us or other people is now call some type of hate crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...