Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My trip to Myrtle Beach

This past weekend I attended another cheer leading event with my sister and her kids, one of whom was in this event. The event was being held at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center right off 21st, st. Very nice place, not as nice as Charlotte Convention Center, but just as big.

This event was a two day event, all teams have to perform once each day. One team only had to perform once, since they were the only team in that group.

While we were there, there was event happening at the center at the same time. Which I had to hold my tongue, you see there was this Christian Thing happening, it was the Shabbach Youth Conference, Yes there were there all these different christian groups under one roof, just enough to make one what to go raging mad, most of these people were very rude to  the cheerleaders that were where for their events.One lady actually told one that cheer leading was the work of the devil. That we would burn in hell for wearing such clothing. Really these bigot just need to stay the fuck home, this lady is lucky she didn't say it my niece, cause if she did, I'm afraid i would have been arrested. I over heard what happen while standing in line to get my two day pass ticket.

One would have thought this group own the place the waay they were acting. See you had to walk their Event Hall to get to the two Events halls for the Cheer Event. The first wasn't too bad it the Sunday Events that was bad. Buses taking up ten to twelve parking spaces, vans and other cars and trucks with u-haul trailers that up two packing space, just because they didn't what park so far away. One Church Van was parked in two spaces at a angle I guess their didn't what to get side swipe, oops to lat for that one, One whole side was torn up from the ground up. I bet anything it was a female driver. I did notice most of these were church who are big time bigots. No matter what Shabbach says on their website, it was mostly baptists and church of god folks.

Shabbach Youth Conference is an interdenominational Pentecostal retreat where young people from all over the East come together for a high impact, spiritual weekend of worship ministry and fun.

We seek to accomplish two goals this weekend:
1. Inspiration

To set an atmosphere and create the environment through praise and worship, drama, and dynamic, anointed preaching of the gospel for a life-changing encounter with God
2. Instruction

To provide workshops and resources for youth pastors and group leaders to gain ideas for furthering their ministry and being able to continue the excitement built in their group while at Shabbach when they return back to the place of their duty

No gimmicks, only pure worship and the manifestation of God's presence and power along with the resources to provide the same atmosphere when you return home.

the only good thing was that they left before our events ended.

After the first day we when out and about the town, returning to the hotel to get ready again to go out.

I love the beach its about the only I miss the most about my hometown, no matter where you were you just minutes away from a beach, not here in Rocky Mount, the nearest beach is about two hours away.

although I went to Myrtle Beach off season, that didn't mean that there was lack of hot guys running around in short shorts mind you. Yes there was not so great weather for the week, but I can only guess they didn't mind the weather at all.

I got some great shots of the waves breaking onto the beach, some of folks having fun on the beach as well.

My niece has an event this summer in Atlanta GA however I won't be going since on this trip she will be going with another team mate, since her mother will be a cruise that week and I will be watching my other niece while my sister is gone.

i also wish my niece team would have won the national level, if they had they would have been able to attend the event that will be held later this year in Miami, Fl I would love to there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...