Thursday, January 15, 2009

Barney's Wish List for 2009

Via twitter, click here
We’re going to do three things in Congress…First, a hate-crimes bill–that shouldn’t be too hard. Next, employment discrimination. We almost got that through before, but now we can win even if we add transgender protections, which we are going to do. And, finally, after the troops get home from Iraq, gays in the military. The time has come.”

Well I won't hold my breath at all on those. I'm sure that it will be a uphill fight to pass a federal hate crime bill, and we all know that the Employment Discrimination won't pass and if it does it would be by a slim vote, and DADT will still be here to stay.

I hope that Obama will do away with DADT but we all know that Congress will do what those who put congress in office wants.

I hope that true change will come to DC under Obama, but then again we all know that DC is DC and nothing really ever changes in DC except the seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...