Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Obsessed, who me, I might be

A recent email for an email buddy has informed me that I’m getting a bit obsessed over the Mr. Gay World contest in Canada.

He could be right, maybe I am, however when you bill an event where you are looking for a representative for the gay community, then I truly believe that those who are choose to participate in the said event should represent the whole community, not just the pretty section of the community.

If their goal it to have someone to be a role model for the community then please show me where it is written that you must well built and almost perfect in appearance.

If I was to choose a person who I thought would be a good role model for the community it would be those that have been out in the public eyes for a while, one who has their own style and personality. A person whom have been there and done that. I know my choices would be for those that are well known in the community.

To have a modeling company to say it about style and appearance is just completely wrong.

I’m willing to bet the winner of this event will have to perform many events where style and fashion will be at the center of the event.

We as a community are more than our fashion style and skills, more than who looks the best in a tuxedo or a damn swim suit.

I’m sure we all know someone who can do this job to the letter and beyond with complete perfection, that would not even make the application with photo screen part of this contest.

I guess this is my soap box issue. I’m tired and sick being told that I don’t count or matter in our community unless I can fit in with the so-called 9’s and 10’s of our community. Cause in our community the 5’s, 6’s and 7’s do the most for our community why the 9’s and 10’s reap in all the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...