Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lifetime Movie Prayers for Bobby, a Personal thought.

As I wait for the 24th of January to watch this Movie, I really had to wonder, just how a mother and/or a father could drive one of their children to a backward fall off a bridge into on coming traffic, then to ask the same Lord that they pray to, to cure their son, to help them to come to term with his death.

I guess each coming out case is different. I know for one I didn't come out to my mother, I couldn't come out to my father since he die when I was nine. However I was outing by my sister. Yes my own sister outed me to my mother when I was 19. Even at that time we really didn't talk about it. All she said at the time was that she wasn't happy with my choice, but it was my life and no matter what she still love me.

Like I said I guess my views of coming out is completely different them many others in our community.Some might ever said that I had it easy.

I'm glad that today Ms Griffin, has come to turns with the pain that she caused to her son, that made him take his own life. However I can't find any room to feel sympathy for her are any other parent who have done this to their kids. That would be like a gay couple rejecting their child because he or she is straight.Which I hope hasn't happen yet.

Children are a gift, ok if you believe in god, from god. They didn't asked to be here. We need to love them and stand by them in their time of need. To turn your back on your child in their darkest moments is wrong and selfish. I speak of this as a parent myself. Yes I have son whom I don't get to see for many reasons. Even though I don't get to see him I love him and accept him for who he is or will be.

I can only hope that this movie will help other parents to see the error of their ways, and to show them what could happen as a result of their bigotry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...