Monday, January 26, 2009

I live here and still miss this one, How?

Pro-life group protests nixing global gag rule

Two days after President Barack Obama lifted a ban on U.S. funding for international health groups that offer counseling on terminating pregnancies, a group of 20 or so Rocky Mount residents stood in silent protest Sunday against abortion and any policy seeming to support the controversial procedure.

Braving temperatures that dipped into the lower 30s, men, women and children stood quietly along Sunset Avenue holding signs that read “Pray for the end of abortion” and “Adoption, the loving option.”

Life Chain, a nationwide movement in which anti-abortion advocates stand holding signs on public sidewalks, is a peaceful attempt to end abortions, Rocky Mount organizer Steve Oskiera said.

“You can call it a protest if you want, but it’s more of a silent prayer,” said Oskiera, who is Catholic. “There are no loud noises, no microphones, no bullhorns. It’s just a peaceful way to let people know what we believe; to help them understand how horrible abortion is and about some of the potential government policies that are being discussed.”

I tell you I live here, and I still miss this one. I would have love to been there and photography these people. I read my local papers and I still miss it. I can only guess that I'm not on the right lists. What to Do What to Do..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...