Thursday, January 29, 2009

Question of the Day?


There is something to be said about how one spends their day. Better yet, how one sees the world around them.

I must confess that many things have change over my life span, some for the better and many for the worst.

I remember when AIDS came on the scene, I remember the Regan years in office, along with Bush and then Clinton just as it was yesterday. I also remember almost all of my high school days. I must say that things were much different when I went to School. Sure we had the usual issues that today's student has, with much less guns and knives but the same old tired teachers complaining about everything and not getting paid enough.

Even in my school we had our hierarchical as well. We all know what I'm talking about? There were the Jocks, Cheerleaders, normals, nerds, geeks, freaks, and snobs. For a few us we found ourselves in two classes in school didn't we.

Now days the same class system is still in place but with new class added "gays".

Now I'm not saying there wasn't any in my high school class, trust me there more than a few. Yes many stay in the closet but we did have a couple of guys that were out and proud before out and proud was in.

There was this one guy I remember well, even though he claimed that he wasn't even after being out by his own brother. The only other out gay guy didn't deny it at all, hell he was actually proud to be the only out gay student. We just didn't pay it much mind. I can only guess the reason why because it wasn't discussed at all.

I'm not saying that we didn't have problems at mine High School that need addressing, but that topic never arose at all. So I'm left to wonder if this subject wasn't force upon the staff and students would anti-gay bulling be a problem in today's schools.

So my thought is how different would our school be today if the subject of Homosexuality wasn't discuss. So what are your thoughts on this subject?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...