Tuesday, January 6, 2009

NC DOMA Protest/Call to Action for Obama Administration

How nice you make plans to go to a protest to show your support for your community and what happens the protest organizers cancels the event. I guess why not, when you can sit at home and write a letter instead of meeting group for few hours outside. I can only guess that many thought it was just too cold or it might be wet and cold that day.

Wait, could I have had read this wrong from the beginning. 


Will sent you a message.

--------------------
Re: Change of plans - PLEASE read entire message.

There's no actual rally anymore. Sorry - I'll try to make it more clear. Instead we're just asking people to get signatures and we'll have several drop off locations that are listed.

Will

If we want change we have to show up and demand it. No one will give it to us. If we didn't realize that before we certainly should now.

We've change to game plan and now we're working towards getting 50,000 signatures from North Carolina to support the nationwide 1,000,000 signatures needed in our Open Letter to Barack Obama.

Just like he'll really will read it, Please everyone knows that the President doesn't read his own mail. Well, after someone else does it first.

So now there will be no rally or protest, just a letter writing campaign.

but watch knowing my luck there still just might a protest, well since I don't live in Raleigh, I guess I can't take that chance , so if the protest does process, I wish them the best.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...