Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Glaad on Reality TV Wifes,

The season finale of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Orange County last week upset many fans when it aired uncensored the slur “homo,” uttered by housewife Tamra Barney as an insult. Barney has now reached out to fans and the LGBT community with an apology: “I wish so badly that I could take it back.”

After hearing from constituents about the on-air defamatory comment the day after it aired, GLAAD contacted Bravo immediately. The cable network moved quickly and a spokesperson confirmed that day that the slur has been edited from future airings.

Oh my, Glaad is piss this time, a so-called Reality people use the word Homo, and the editor didn't edit it out completely. I guess Reality is just too much for GLAAD.. But I would like some clarification on something. Glaad said they responded after hearing from constituents.

Ok, I don't watch this show, so what was exactly said, was it "that fucking homosexual, that fag,". If it was just homo or homosexual then just how is this really offensive, after all we are homosexuals.I have seen gay theme movies and tv shows that used the word faggot and other offensive language that Glaad have never said anything about. It seem to me that GLAAD picks and chose which tv show and movies they make a stink about.

If the Movie or Show is create by a LGBT member that is out they don't said a word. however if its done a person who is with one of the groups that support the far right then GLAAD is all over it like, white on rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...