Saturday, February 28, 2009

Is HRC fleecing the LGBT Community??

Back on 11 of February, I wrote this Post on my blog concerning the NC HRC Gala Dinner. This really got a local activist's boxers in a bunch or his tighie whities stained, which lead to this post. This was about the cost to attend this event. Well After watching a few of the HRC videos on YouTube, I saw that they held an event in NY, well after watching the clip I went to NY HRC Page for their dinner info.

Here I'm bashing the Organizers of the NC HRC dinner for fleecing the local LGBT community, when the NY LGBT member were really getting fleeced to attend one of the many HRC events, I now have to wonder just how much these event cost in CA, or better yet in DC to attend.

In NC it was $175, while NY it was between $400 and $600 dollars to attend on two different levels, the NY had more speakers then NC.

However, I still stand by my statement that the cost is to keep most of the community out of these events. Where those whom are well off and flat out rich don't have to see anyone that is beneath them. For a community that wants unity it's practices a mid-evil hierarchy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...