Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Something I Wrote as a Comment on Q-notes

I wrote the following on a this Post at Q-notes

This is what the post was about

On March 3, churches across the state will bring busloads of rally participants to Halifax Mall, the green park behind the building where state legislators meet daily for legislative work. The rally, expected to draw thousands, is being organized by the Winston-Salem-based Return America. Berean Baptist Church pastor Ron Baity is the organizer.

After the CA lost their right to marry we took to the street, we held many protests and rallies across the US, Now NC is a becoming a battle ground state.

Though I don't want to marry and that marriage isn't a big issue with me, I know that many in our community want this, and as part of the community I will support this fight. I attend the first Prop8 protest in NC, by attending the one that was held in Greenville, NC. I took pictures of this event; I have shared these photos with many, not asking for anything in return but just the credit line. I then attended the second Protest that was set up by Georgia Winfree of Someone's Sister, a local band in Greenville. The first Protest drew about 50, why the other one drew only 15, and one of those was my niece who drove me there because my partner need our car that day.

It seems to me that we started out strong then we just basically gave up.

Now we have this group who will be buses in protesters who will stand before our Capital building bashing us why we do nothing. I asked a few who live around and in Raleigh, if we should hold a counter protest. To show them that we will not back down that we are willing to fight this. The response I’ve gotten; wasn’t encouraging at all. One guy believe we should hold a counter protest, another wants all of us to attend the NC Equality Lobby day, and other reply that we might not be able to “muster a crowd large enough to make an impact.”

Yet we want a large crowd for the Lobby day. It's funny that we could muster enough LGBT people in NC to show support for our brothers and sisters in CA, but we can't do it here at home when we need to. This is just right down sickening, sad. Yet if we need numbers to make an impact then please tell me why when only 5 to 9 of the Phelps clan show up they make an impact, please tell me how they do this.

Here we have a group that feels the need to bus people in to make their impact, while we, who live in the area just can't find the damn time to make an our impact. I can only guess this would cut into our time at the damn mall, or time at the damn adult bookstores or bars. It seem that we are becoming a group are whining ass babies, who is expecting Obama to come to our rescue.

This is just sickening and fucking unbelievable, if they succeed this year we have only ourselves to blame just because we were too damn busy to fight. However we weren’t too busy to fight for CA. I would have to wonder if they would have done the same for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...