Friday, June 19, 2009

Books, and some fact checking

To while I was at my local library using there wifi, since my dsl has been down for a while due to a bad line. I check to see if my local library had the book what was causing such a commotion in other library, called Baby Be-Bod, by Francesca Lia Block. The library has two copies of this book; I can't wait to read it to see what all the fuss is about.


 

Also I check to see if it had Crisis, which the last time I check they didn't, however I happy to say that our Local Pflag chapter gave a copy to the library, they also have a copy of a new book called Coming out, Coming in, by Linda Goldman.


 

While I haven't fully read either book yet, while I was flipping through the page of Coming out, Coming In, I notice right away that there was a be mistake in it. I guess someone forgot to do some fact checking before printing this book.


 

"On page 11, chapter 1, the world of gay youth she writes the following "The 1999 film Boys don't cry" is an example of media imitating life. This is the story of Brandon Teena, actually Teena Brandon, who hid her biological gender in order to live as a woman. The result was a homophobic hate crime murder by two men when the deception was uncovered."


 

The correct info, The story of the life of Brandon Teena, a transgendered teen who preferred life in a male identity until it was discovered he was born biologically female.


 

Need more fact checking


 

I also notice that most of this book has the same information that so many other books have. Only written in a different way..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...