Friday, June 19, 2009

What is the Deal Barney????

It has been reported that one of our very well known Gay Politicians Barney Frank has done a 180 on the Doma Brief filed by the Obama administration, and now claim to support the brief.. WTF

Rep. Barney Frank released a statement yesterday backtracking on his remarks to the Boston Herald, saying that he commented to the press on the DOMA brief before having even read it...and...he now supports it.

This is what Barney had to say,

Said Frank:

"When I was called by a newspaper reporter for reaction to the administration’s brief defending the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, I made the mistake of relying on other people’s oral descriptions to me of what had been in the brief, rather than reading it first.  It is a lesson to me that I should not give in to press insistence that I comment before I have had a chance fully to inform myself on the subject at hand... Now that I have read the brief, I believe that the administration made a conscientious and largely successful effort to avoid inappropriate rhetoric.  There are some cases where I wish they had been more explicit in disavowing their view that certain arguments were correct, and to make it clear that they were talking not about their own views of these issues, but rather what was appropriate in a constitutional case with a rational basis standard – which is the one that now prevails in the federal courts, although I think it should be upgraded."

I love this line,

“Now that I have read the brief, I believe that the administration made a conscientious and largely successful effort to avoid inappropriate rhetoric.

Did you read the same brief has everyone else, are did Obama email you a special copy????

Ok, Barney, what is happening with this about face on DOMA debate? If, as you claim, you have finally read it all the way through, and you now understand its rhetoric. As a fellow gay man, would you please explain it to all of us. We need to know what it was that enlightened you. Is it in the wording of DOMA or is it a matter of Politics. Do we have justice or is it a simple case of “you scratch my back- I’ll suck your cock!

Have you sold us out to better your political standing for someone’s cause. Please tell us, we have a right to know. If nothing else its one of the few rights we have left.

This isn’t meant as a personal attack on you- just on your 180 degree turn on such a controversial platform. Maybe I should apologize for believing that you were like the late great Harvey Milk and were standing up for the gay community in large.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...