Friday, December 26, 2008

Has any been to this site "Beyond the "Shades of Gray""

this is another Ex-gay site, the so called person also wrote this on lifetime.com, on Prayers for Bobby,
Click here, If so Please share your thoughts in the comments section.

I'm also very interested to see this movie, as a person who successfully abandoned his homosexuality as a sexual-addiction, by facing up to the real underlying issues that caused such an addiction in me, and then dealing with those in legitimate, non-sexual ways.

You see, I view homosexual behavior as a sexual drug that is used to mask the pain of a deeper issue. And, for me at least, same-sex attraction (SSA) had absolutely nothing to do with sex! It had everything to do with those deeper relationship issues from my youth. I've met many other men who found out the same thing that I did, and also abandoned homosexual behaviors. But I've yet to see the movie that would dare, today, to approach this subject with any balance of truth and hard facts toward that reasoning. And so I'm also very skeptical of this one. Movies like this tend to be very politically-correct and one-sided in their approach to this very emotional subject, and they tend to portray the Christian faith in a very negative, unrealistic light, showing it to be fanatical instead of loving. The ironic thing is that the very fact that I've taken this balanced approach toward my own homosexual behaviors, now makes me the target of the very kinds of hatred and abuse from gay activists, that they claim to be trying to overcome themselves. And I've found that their idea of "tolerance" really means, "We’re tolerant of the views of other people only inasmuch as they conform to our own beliefs about the homosexual lifestyle."

For a more balanced look at homosexual addiction, might I suggest “Googling” the title, “Beyond the Shades of Gray,” for a look at my own personal account of freedom from this sexual addiction. And I’ll be adding commentary about this new, LMN movie to my own site, after seeing it in late January 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...