Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rick Warren, A Question of Free Speech

From Pam's houseblend
Rick Warren:Oh I do. I just... For five thousand years, marriage has been defined by every single culture and every single religion - this is not a Christian issue. Buddhists, Muslims, the Jews, historically marriage is a man and a woman. And so I'm opposed to that. And the reason I supported Prop 8 really, was a free speech issue. Because if it had.... First, the court overid the will of the people. But second, is, there were all kinds of threats that if you... that did not pass, then any pastor could be considered doing hate speech if he shared his views that he didn't think homosexuality was the most natural way for relationships. And that would be hate speech. To me, we should have freedom of speech. And you should be able to have freedom of speech to make your position, and I should be able to have freedom of speech to make my position. And can we do this in a civil way?
so now its either with us or against us, So if you support prop8 you are a bigot and you are promoting hate speech..

That is why one should never talk about politics at all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...