Friday, December 26, 2008

Prayers for Bobby, "The mothers"


Made: 2009
Genre: True Story Drama

Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe winner Sigourney Weaver stars in this emotional true story about a 1970s religious suburban housewife and mother who struggles to accept her young son Bobby being gay. What happens to Bobby is tragic and causes Mary to question her faith; ultimately this mom changes her views in ways that she never could have imagined. Also starring: Ryan Kelley (Mean Creek), Henry Czerny (The Tudors), Dan Butler (Frasier) and Susan Ruttan (LA Law), Austin Nichols (John From Cincinnati), Carly Schoreder (Mean Creek), Scott Bailey (Guiding Light) and newcomers Shannon Eagen and Rebecca Louise Miller. Based on the book “Prayers for Bobby” by Leroy Aarons.

Premieres January 24 at 9 pm et/pt

I'm sure this will be a great TV Movie, but I wont have a lot of feeling for the mother in this story. My lover and I was talking about his on the way home from my sister's home today. I told him if I was able to be at an event with Her and the mother of Matthew Shepard, I would rather talk with Judy instead of Mary, For she accepted her son, where Mary basically drove her son to his death, only then after wards she gets a damn heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...