SNT: I just don't get

A legal fight erupted Tuesday over the ability of consumers to copy DVDs onto their computers, setting the stage for a new battle between Hollywood and a purveyor of technology that could alter how consumers watch movies at home.

The six major Hollywood movie studios sued Seattle-based Real Networks, asking a federal court in Los Angeles to bar the digital media company from distributing new software that they say lets consumers copy movies illegally.

If this is a major problem for Hollywood, then why are they including a digital copy of the movies on DVDs now. I have five movies that have digital copies that I can download on my laptop and if I wanted I could share them over the net.

Did Hollywood raise the same complaints when VHS video recorder came out..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Gay for Pay Model makes it big

Banks claim they were defrauded by Regent Media

This issue of Qnotes: Cruising the Parks for Sex.