Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mark Foley Breaks Silence, Won't Accept Full Blame in Page Scandal

"Foley insists he did nothing illegal and never had sexual contact with teens, just inappropriate Internet conversations. Investigations by the FBI and Florida authorities ended without criminal charges. And while he concedes his behavior was 'extraordinarily stupid,' he remains somewhat unwilling to accept full public scorn. These were 17-year-olds, just months from being men, he insists. 'There was never anywhere in those conversations where someone said, 'Stop,' or 'I'm not enjoying this,' or 'This is inappropriate' ... but again, I'm the adult here, I'm the congressman,' Foley said. 'The fact is I allowed it to happen. That's where my responsibility lies.'"

Foley blames the "demons" inside him for doing what he did - those demons being sexual abuse by a priest, drinking, drugs, and cigarettes. He's been through a treatment program and now says he'll take it "a day at a time."

If this was any other man in FL or DC, he would have been arrested ASAP. I just love the double standards that the local DA used in this case. I guess since  Chris Hansen with his show to to catch a predator didn't do the investigation he not a true predator..

I wonder just how many men have been arrest for just sending sexual emails, and ims to underage Girls and Boys, but never actually meeting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...