Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Really getting Sick N Tired of my Community about Prop 8

This is from Pam’s Houseblend, wrtten by Fritz, his site,

Here's something I plucked from an LGBT newsgroup. Apparently, a customer complained that the Knights of Columbus were conducting a fundraiser in a grocery store parking lot and the store manager asked them to leave.

Now, the Knights of Columbus are complaining that they were treated unfairly. I say "Boo freakin' hoo!" Personally, I would complain to the manager of any store in my area if the Knights of Hate were doing a fundraiser outside. I'd get all my friends to telephone the store every 15 minutes. If they can't collect donations, they'll be out of business. 

Enough already get the f-over it and move on. What is your problem? What are we going to do, protest and bitch about everyone who gave money to vote yes on prop8. I’m tired of reading about those who voted against allowing gay marriage. So I guess even those group do work with local communities to help those who need help will now be targets.

We have now sunk to their level; we are showing our hatred in color, which color of our Pride Flag will now be for hate?????

Now we are acting like a bunch of thugs.

I personally hope if we continue down this path, that we never get the right to marry.

I’m sick of CA Fag’s and Dykes bitching about this. To target everyone who was against us is just plain stupid. If all fags in CA would have voted for the prop even those in the freaking closet then just maybe it would have fail.

I’m ashamed to a Gay male in this country.

I agree with everything in the below text

Subject: Albertsons on El Camino Real at La Costa, Carlsbad CA

Dear Sirs,
I am writing to you about the management at the Albertson's store located in Carlsbad CA at El Camino Real and La Costa Avenue.

I am a patron of this store and have been shopping there every week for the past four years. Today the store manager, Alan, made a decision that makes it impossible for me to ever shop in that store again.

The Knights of Columbus were conducting a fund raiser for The Mentally Challenged. The funds raised for these adults stay in our community and all the proceeds from the three day fund raiser are given to this organization, the Arc of North County. I realize that Albertsons and their competition hire mentally challenged adults and I have shopped at Albertsons in part because of this policy.

The Knights of Columbus had obtained permission from store management to conduct the fund raiser in front of the store on El Camino. Friday's fund raiser went well but on Saturday several customers confronted the Knights and complained to Alan, the store manager, about the Knights presence in front of the store. These people were upset because the Knights of Columbus had supported Yes on Prop 8. The fund raiser being conducted had nothing to do with politics. However, the store manager decided that he didn't want to have complaints and told the Knights that being in front of his store was a privilege and they were to leave immediately.

This was not a political rally. The Knights were not making a political statement and they were not harassing any Albertson customers. Your store manager made the situation political by evicting the fund raisers and interjecting politics. This is a country where people have freedom of speech and I respect that, however, can you explain how supporting Prop 8 has anything to do with raising funds for the adults in our community who are mentally challenged? The Knights inability to fund raise at this location for the next two days will seriously impact the amount of funds given to these people.

I feel that Alan made a poor decision and does not support your corporate policy concerning mentally challenged adults. I would like a response to my complaint other than this was a privilege and he was denying this privilege because four customers complained.

This incident has motivated me to inform my fellow church members, my neighbors who shop at Albertsons, and the Mormon churches in the area so they can decide if they will continue to support your store at La Costa and El Camino after this politicized decision. I would hope that the your company hired store manager who could think logically and respond to complaints from customers with facts. The Knights were not acting politically and denying the fund raiser only hurts adults in our community who need help.
signed,
(removed)
Please call & e-mail your concerns re. Alan Meyers actions to any of the below:

Alan reports to District 20 Manager Dan Meyers at the Albertsons Encinitas Store 760-633-1331
Albertsons Customer Care # is 877-932-7948
albertsonscustomercare@albertsons.com
Alan Meyers - Store Director: La Costa Albertsons 760-633-3468

One last thought, If the Salvation Army gave money to Yes on 8 I guess Fritz would call for us to boycott them,what if the a local chapter of the Red Cross did it? This Prettiest really need to stop, there have been legal filling to help over turn prop8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children should't be subject to life long medical choices

Very interesting statement, which I'm sure the #transinc community will claim to be Transphobic.. in natural. There is nothing bias ...