Well as faith would have it there seem to be another Mr. Gay contest. Yes another GLBT community nightmare in the making, well only for some. For others it a time where they can scream and yell that they are better than the rest of the community.
This time it is being hosted by Gay.com and Here TV station on cable. However this one is be different, only the finial fifteen will have to travel to San Francisco
The Contest categories are: 1) Jock (defined as, but not limited to, someone who is : athletic, or played or currently plays a sport and/or has a passion for sport(s); 2) Muscle Stud (defined as, but not limited to, someone who attends a gym, or actively works on their body’s tone, or a weight lifter; 3) Boy Next Door (defined as, but not limited to, someone who is: nice, approachable, stylish and just plain cute and one of the guys; 4) Silver Fox (defined as, but not limited to, someone who may have grey hair, is over 30 years old and is: elegant, stylish, charming, and/or sexy; and 5) Community Leader (defined as, but not limited to, someone who is: professionally committed and/or voluntarily dedicated to a specific cause that helps others (or a one single person) directly or indirectly. Important: Only the first fifty (50) eligible entries will be accepted per Contest category. All entries received after the first fifty (50) will be automatically disqualified.
What is this shit, doesn’t jock and muscle kinda go hand in hand, Boy Next Door = TWINK, but once again so many in our community will miss out, because they feel that they don’t fix into those five groups. Muscle stud = built rock hard bodies only need to apply, Jocks also like the muscle stud, but it’s ok if you have 5 or 10 pounds extra as long you are playing some type of sport. The Boy next door, mean that you must completely f’able, a twink type boy.
However at least there is to positive groups the silver Fox group and community leaders. Unless the standards of the silver fox are that in which the community has declare what a hot silver fox must look like. Since the community has said the hottest silver fox out there today is Anderson Cooper.
Now the very important community guidelines,
Entries must comply with the following content guidelines to be eligible:
- Photos must be of the contestant only and no other persons may appear in the photos.
- Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity;
- Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media);
- Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead;
- Content cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Content cannot depict and cannot itself be in violation of any law or otherwise.
Bit over doing it isn’t. Since most if not all public shots really can’t be copyrighted, and in most case building owner never claim copyright issues, the only building I know of that is so damn protect about photos of itself is the Stonewall Inn. I don’t see how if you have profession photos of you taken in front of a boat or ship shouldn’t disqualify one. But Wait there is more:
A background check may be conducted on potential winners. At the discretion of the Sponsor, a Finalist and/or winner may be disqualified for any of the following: if charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, is not eligible based on the eligibility requirements set forth above, or if delinquent on a government ordered payment, such as but not limited to: tax payments, etc.
So I guess all those activist who were arrested during any protest are not eligible, however I can also understand the those with serve felony conviction as well, but if you are delinquent on any government ordered payment. That going just a bit too far, this is only a contest which everyone will be judge on photos and entry form, and vote by gay.com users, till the finial 15. Its not like the winner will be holding so mighty held office.